Each capsule contains: Lansoprazole 15 mg or 30 mg.
Lanfast is indicated in the following acid related disorders:
- Active duodenal ulcer;
- Active benign gastric ulcer;
- Reflux esophagitis;
- Pathological gastric hypersecretion associated with Zollinger Ellison syndrome.
- As a maintenance therapy to prevent the recurrence of peptic ulcer and reflux esophagitis.
- Hypersensitivity to lansoprazole.
- Avoid during pregnancy and lactation
- Not intended for children use.
Transient reversible side effects have occurred including diarrhea, headache, dizziness, skin disorders (rash, pruritus), constipation, flatulence, abdominal pain, malaise, paraesthesia, muscle and joint pain, blurred vision, peripheral oedema, and haematological changes (eosinophilia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia).
Rarely; liver enzyme changes, liver dysfunction, depression, and dry mouth have occurred.
Rule out gastric malignancy before starting treatment.
Caution in hepatic or renal impairment.
Elderly, Overdosage, Drug Interactions
(See insert leaflet)
Dosage and Administration
- Administer before meals. If difficult to swallow, open capsule and sprinkle intact granules within on a tablespoon and swallow immediately without chewing.
- Duodenal ulcer, gastric ulcer, and reflux esophagitis: One capsule 30 mg daily usually in the morning before breakfast
- For cases refractory to other treatment regimens: Daily dosage may be doubled to 2 capsules 30 mg; one in the morning and one in the evening.
- Duration of therapy is usually 2-4 weeks for duodenal ulcer, and 4-8 weeks for gastric ulcer and reflux esophagitis. If healing did not occur by then, a further course of treatment may be given.
- Maintenance therapy: A daily dose of 1 -2 capsules 15 mg is recommended.
- Gastric hypersecretory conditions associated with Zollinger – Ellison syndrome:
- maximum 180 mg daily. Adjust dosage as needed, and continue therapy for as long as clinically indicated.
- Antacids may be taken with Lanfast at the initiation of therapy for the relief of symptoms, but a time gap of half an hour is recommended between the two medications.
ca: 15 mg x 15
30 mg x 15, 30.